Monday 13 December 2021

Cancelled AGM and Festive Buffet

The Committee have reluctantly decided to postpone the 2021 AGM due to be held on 16th December. Our Chairman, Stuart wrote to members:

Hi all.

I hope you are all well. Unfortunately, I am writing today to inform you that the majority of the committee feel it would be wise to cancel our AGM and Christmas Buffet this coming Thursday at the Eight Bells Carisbrooke due to the growing concerns over the Omicron variant. We hope to arrange another AGM in March or before if things become clearer. There are also plans in the pipeline to hold an AGM on Zoom if this problem persists. I’m sorry for the short notice, I wanted to leave it as long as possible as I know it is important to have an AGM. Last year was also cancelled due to Covid. Many of you would I know like to address the committee and discuss the direction and vote on things going forward within the club. All I can do is apologise for cancelling and ask if you have any concerns to get in touch. The Club Nights on the Third Thursday of the month will still go ahead and our Mince Pie and Tinsel car run will also go ahead next Sunday for those wishing to attend. Until a new date for the AGM can be arranged, I’ll be continuing as your Chairman. Hopefully all this is just a bump in the road and the club can look forward to a new year full of events and visits as usual and the postponement is just precautionary. I hope to see you on Sunday (19th December) on the Mince Pie and Tinsel Run, if not I’ll take the opportunity to wish you all a great Christmas and Happy New Year. 

Stuart.

Unfortunately I don’t know all of our members or hold all the members contact details so would be very grateful if you could spread the word.


No comments:

Post a Comment